How to Apply
how to applyIf you want to join the Collective you must:
- be in high school or college and 14-22 yrs old
- do art a lot on your own time, beyond art class
- commit at least 2 afternoons/week for 3-4hrs each time (8 hours/week)
- want to become an active part of a creative community
Here’s what you need to do:
- Visit the studios to get a feel for it
- Pick up an application
- Interviews are on Thursdays by appointment. Bring a completed application with several examples of your art, two recommendations (from a teacher and a member of the community). This is not a portfolio review. We just want to see you are motivated to do your own self generated work . There are no assignments here. Parents are welcome to come to the interview. Bring current artwork, sketchbook, photos/digital images, and your enthusiasm.
- You will hear back from us in 1-2 weeks. Space is limited. Sometimes there is a waiting list for newly accepted YACsters.
- Dues are $50 per month. (Sliding scale and scholarship awards considered on individual basis)
YAC is open to the public Weekdays: 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Saturdays: 12:00 noon – 4:00 p.m.